Friday, September 08, 2006

Genesis Chapter 7

And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.
(Gen 7:5)

This thought is repeated once in chapter 6, and 3 times in Chapter 7. Here we see Noah obeying the Lord in everything he was commanded to do. How did he do it? How was Noah able to obey God?

I don’t know about you, but sometimes obedience can be so difficult, really it seems impossible! I used to work with this guy named Chuck, and he really had difficulty obeying our boss. The boss would give him specific instructions, and when the boss was done Chuck would continue to do it the way he wanted to! I would ask him, “Chuck, didn’t Walter say he wants you to do it the other way?” Chuck would respond by saying, “I know, I know, but it’s just so hard, and it takes so long…”

I think that’s how it is with us and the Lord sometimes, we think, “but God, it’s so hard, and it takes so long!!!” – Did Noah say that? Talk about taking so long and being hard, He had to build the Titanic out of Gopher Wood, all by himself!!! The only way we can walk in obedience, and leave the testimony that we did all the Lord commanded, is if we LIVE BY GRACE.

God knows that true obedience is impossible in our own strength, so he has given us the resources we need to do it. Next time you are challenged to obey in a difficult situation, remember Noah… and remember what God said to Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in your weakness”.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At Headwaters this year I was so convicted by Noah's faith. I thought WOW, if God told me to build a huge boat because he was going to drown the earth, would I actually do it? Knowing my selfish ways, I probably wouldn't. We all need to follow in Noah's example, and not think about what we want but what God wants. God know's the outcome of every situation, and He wants what's best for us.

stat counter

simple hit counter