Saturday, September 23, 2006

Genesis 21

Genesis Chapter 21

And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.
(Gen 21:1)



What a wonderful thing to read, “The Lord did unto Sarah as He had spoken”. All throughout scripture we have this incredible testimony to the faithfulness of God. Character after character, promise after promise, as we read through the bible we see God fulfill ALL of His promises. To me, this is one of the most beautiful things of all about faith.

Imagine this if you will… A couple of salesmen dressed in tacky suits, smiling tacky smiles, and cracking tacky jokes show up at your house. They have in their hands an appliance that they claim will solve ALL your household problems. They tell you it will make your life easier. They say it will make your chores get finished MUCH quicker. They tell you it will buy you HOURS of free time every week. It all sounds great until you start to ask some questions. “Can I see it in action?” you ask politely. “I’m afraid not” the salesman replies… “It really hasn’t been tested enough for us to do demos”. Slightly stunned you reply, “Well, do you have any testimonials of how it has changed people’s lives?” They look a little sheepish and mumble, “That’s just the thing, we haven’t sold one yet”. Feeling more annoyed by the minute you ask with a slight bit of frustration in the back of your voice, “do either of YOU use one at home”. “Oh goodness no,” says one, “I wouldn’t dream of it” replies the other. They look at each other, then at you, and say in unison, “we won’t use it till it’s tested!”

Now… I don’t think ANYONE would want to try something out like that, do you? Praise God that isn’t the way it works with HIM!!! We have over four thousand years of testimony! We have to look no further than prayer meetings at church to see God’s faithfulness demonstrated in the lives of REAL PEOPLE that we ACTUALLY KNOW! And to top it all, the people who preach a life of faith in Christ are often the greatest living examples of His reliability.

We have no reason not to trust the Lord. He is faithful, and we can be assured that He will do what He promised. Try Him out and you will find that in the end your testimony is just like Sarah’s. I guarantee you that you won’t be disappointed!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Bible supposed to be capitalized?

Anonymous said...

IN which paraghraph is it misspelled? We all have done typo's at one time or another(well everyone but me,lol), but yeah,I think it's capitalized.

Anonymous said...

Sometime during the apple picking I stopped and looked at the apple trees, and I was thinking about how I never got a chance to read todays DEVO before I left. It struck me that I could have my own DEVO right then and there. I have been leaning toward the therory of eveloution latly and it sturck me tht none of what I was looking at could have come from a rock.

Anonymous said...

Do you think, that they would pay you to test it? I might do it then.

Anonymous said...

Just a few months ago I was neglecting reading my Bible, and I was having a horrible time with everything; so I just stopped, prayed,and read my Bible and the Lord just set me back on track.
It is so amazing what God can do!

Anonymous said...

Have you figured out who I am.
I will give you another hint.
I will not be posting for a week.
Do you now why?
Who else will not post for a whole week?
Try to figure it out.
PS (It could be just till Frday)

Anonymous said...

pay you to do what?

Anonymous said...

The Salesmen, pay you to test the awsome thingy.

Anonymous said...

Gregory, you wrote your name!
This section in the Bible is totally a lesson in faith the whole way through. A ggood one to read a lot.

Anonymous said...

It would be fun to test it. But what if it went haywire? It could, like explode, or set on fire, or something like that.Well, I guess if you get paid, it wouldn't be that bad.

Anonymous said...

They would have to pay an awful lot, cause what if it did go haywire and the damages cost more than they paid you??!!??!!??!!

Anonymous said...

They would pay for the damages, if they didn't. I'd sue 'em

stat counter

simple hit counter