Monday, April 21, 2008

Psalm 44

Psa 44:6 For I will not trust in my bow, Nor shall my sword save me.

I can only imagine what it was like back in the day of David. I am sure it was close to mandatory that one would learn to wield a sword. Should something happen and you be caught without your weapon, you were done for. This verse reminds me of Psalm 20:7, "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God."

I do not know if there is anything you have which you do not leave home without. Obviously, we do not live in a place where our lives are constantly being threatoned. Nevertheless, what do remember or who do we remember in a moment of need? Remember the name of the Lord. He is our deliverer. I love this concept the Psalmist paints for us. It would be better to be caught in battle without a sword and bow, and crying out to God, than to have your weapons for defense, and not remember Him. Jesus sustains us. Our sword cannot and our horses cannot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did David write the Psalms in the order they are in the Bible?

stat counter

simple hit counter