Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Psalm 36:6

Psa 36:5 Your mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

David is a master with his words and in this Psalm he paints beautiful pictures for us. Verse 5 tells us that the Lord is both merciful and faithful.

Mercy and faith are very relative according to this world. Consider the Islamic faith. They are encouraged to take revenge, in fact it is their duty. The world promotes taking justice for yourself. It tells you to "even the score." I look at books like The Count of Monte Cristo, which makes aa hero of a man who ruins everyone's life because they ruined his. It is easy to get sucked into this mind set.

The Lord is just the opposite. He merciful, even to the heavens. He is faithful, even to the clouds. Imagine your life if either one of these were not true. The very next verse says he preserves us. Truly we are preserved through the mercy and faith of the Lord. Practice these qualities. Show others that you are a mere product of the mercy and faithfulness of the living Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool chapter. I loved reading it.

me, myself,& I said...

It is such an amazing thing to know that the Lord is so merciful & faithful! So, why is it so hard to show others these two qualities, which we have an unlimited supply of? We have done nothing to deserve these things, and yet we can't even "return the favor" by acting this way towards others! I'm going to challenge myself this week to act in accordance with these two qualities & try to be merciful & faithful to those around me, and I hope you will do the same. . .

stat counter

simple hit counter