Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Psalm 35

Psa 35:21-22 They also opened their mouth wide against me, And said, "Aha, aha! Our eyes have seen it." (22) This You have seen, O LORD; Do not keep silence. O Lord, do not be far from me.

Ever felt like there was someone put here on the earth just to ruin who you are? They are always slandering you and putting you down. They do it among groups of people. David felt this same way. However, the difference was, not only were they slandering David, they were also trying to kill him.

I do not know about you but if I were anointed king, I would think I would be king. David was anointed, yet he ran. He ran for his life. He had followers here were faithful, yet they were well out numbered. He had no country and no place to call his own. He must have thought at times, "I wish I had never gotten involved. I wish I could go back to just being a shepherd." Nevertheless David had a call.

Where ever we are called, there are going to be slanderers. A call or anointing does not mean the rest is easy, it only means that where ever that call and anointing are, that is where we are suppose to be. Maybe you feel like David. You are called for great things, however you are being slandered and are running. Pray like David. Praise like David. Talk to God like David. He says, "Lord do not be far from me." If God is with you who can stand against you? Allow the Lord to fight for you and do the work for you. This is the one way to keep from giving up in the face of discouragement.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter