Friday, April 11, 2008

Psalm 38

Psa 38:8-9 I am feeble and severely broken; I groan because of the turmoil of my heart. (9) Lord, all my desire is before You; And my sighing is not hidden from You.

Those who repent before the Lord are saved. Those who are broken before the Lord experience His grace. However, sometimes it takes a lot to drive us to that point. I believe this is another key attribute of David that made him a man after God's own heart. David never fought his case before the Lord, but instead came broken before Him.

If there is something, anything at all, which you are struggling with, than give it to Jesus with a complete brokenness of the heart. To harden your heart is only to make a stand against the Lord. This is a long and dangerous game to play. The more you harden your heart against the Lord, the easier it is to do. You will be able to justify all your actions, not matter how far they wander from the truth. As you harden your heart, the Lord will send more and more things to break you that He might reposition you. You will end up like Jacob, who wrestled with God and came out with a limp he would keep the rest of his life.

Brokenness is a humbling place to be. Often times, for the Christian it is exactly where we need to be. It is a selfless prayer, yet necessary. Ask the Lord for brokenness today and see how He will draw you closer to Him.

1 comment:

me, myself,& I said...

I've been in the place before where I try to do things in my own strength, & I've suffered more than I can begin to explain because of it. I felt as if my heart were about to break! When I finally just got down on my knees, it was such a hard thing to do! I realize now though, no matter how hard that was for me, it was all worth it in the end! I've grown closer to the Lord than I've ever been before! Now I don't look at my devos as a chore, but as a way to just learn what it is the Lord wants to teach me! It has been one of the best things that could have ever happened!
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
~Proverbs 3:5-6

stat counter

simple hit counter