Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Answering questions...

Sorry this has taken so long, but I've been really busy lately. There were a couple of questions asked in the last week or so that haven't been answered yet.

1. The first one was about Psalm 39:10 - the question was, "what does the psalmist mean when he says 'I am consumed by the blow of your hand'?"

It appears that it is a reference to the chastening or discipline of God. The psalmist is saying that God's discipline in his life is heavy, and hard to bear... he is asking God to be gracious.

2. How many sons of Korah? LOTS! They were a FAMILY within the tribe of Levi, (the Levites were the gene-pool for the priesthood, remember?) and their job was to SING. You can read the phrase, "of the sons of Korah" in psalms to mean, "by Israel's worship leaders".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

me, myself,& I said...

Thanks so much!!! That really helped! =)

stat counter

simple hit counter