Thursday, April 10, 2008

Psalm 37

Psa 37:12-13 The wicked plots against the just, And gnashes at him with his teeth. (13) The Lord laughs at him, For He sees that his day is coming.

I love this verse because it shows the awesome power of the Lord. I believe as Christians we often show a lack of faith by truly not putting our full trust in Him. The angel said that Jesus was to be called, "Immanuel" or "God with us." The idea is simple, Jesus came and He would always be right beside us taking care of us from that day forth.

I am challenged. Do I truly believe "God is with me" in my head? Do I fear the things of this world or do I fear the Lord? As I look at the verse above it shows me that I have nothing to fear. When the wicked plot and scheme, the Lord merely laughs.

I remember as a little kid always wanting to defeat my father in a wrestling match. I would scheme for the erfct moment to jump on him and throw him to the groound. One problem, my dad is way stronger than me, even to this day. My attempt were laughable at best. Here was a skinny little kid going against this big strong man.

The plots of the wicked are laughable at best. Trust in Him, He is on your side. Hold on to Him and He will never let go of you. Truly our God is with us, and His power and strength is more than enough to shield us from the wicked of this world.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter