Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nums 28

“Command the sons of Israel, and say to them, My offering and My bread for My sacrifices made by fire, a sweet savor to Me, you shall be careful to offer to Me in their due season” (Numbers 28:2).

What is an offering? According to Webster it is the following : Presenting; proposing; sacrificing; bidding; presenting to the eye or mind.

What is an offering to you?

I enjoy what this chapter has to say because it gives all the times the Lord allows Israel to give offerings. They can give daily. They can give weekly. They can give monthly. I am very challenged and have made myself a checklist of times to offer to the Lord.

An offering can be praise. It can be spending time with the Lord. It can be worship. It can be fellowship. An offering is a personal gift to the Lord. Jesus Christ died on the cross for me and you, that we might come before Him anytime and give an offering. Mr. O’Keefe was teaching this Wednesday and he mentioned something that struck my attention. For all of eternity Jesus will bear the marks of the cross. In heaven, He bears those marks (Rev, 5). His offering was absolutely eternal, and because of it, He bears those marks and I get a glorified body. Therefore in heaven, we will eternally be giving offerings of praise to Him!

What about now? I am challenged by this chapter. Am I giving my daily offering to Jesus (v.1-8)? This should be my personal time, my devotions, with the Lord. Am I giving that weekly offering to Jesus (v. 9-10). Is church a chore or a privilege? Am I giving Him an offering monthly (v. 11-15). I consider communion, a time to remember the Lord. Am I truly spending that time just to consider what He has done for me? Am I spending my holidays (v. 16-31) with Him. Sometimes, the hardest days for me to do my daily devotion is on my days off! In the end, am I looking to spend time with Jesus?

Spend time with Jesus. After you read this devotion, allow Him to speak into your life. The point of the offerings were to give glory to God. I pray that your life is an offering to Jesus.

As always, remember to consider each other and pray for each other this week. Pray for Tommy, as he is not feeling well. Pray for Sunday morning worship and teachings, both the Main Service and Jr. High. Pray for opportunities to witness. Pray that you will be used of the Lord for His glory.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter