Monday, December 04, 2006

Leviticus 3

Leviticus 3

“And the priest shall burn them on the altar, bread of the fire offering for a sweet savor. All the fat is Jehovah's. It shall be forever for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that you eat neither fat nor blood” (Lev. 3:16-17)



The Fat and the blood were special. Fat is a storage system designed for the body. It is the excess which, when you eat, you save for later. Now the Lord is saying something to Israel here. He is telling them not to be reliant upon their stored efforts. They were not to store up spiritual food for later, as we see with the manna, but to take their daily bread. Therefore, the fat (The flesh or effort) belonged to the Lord. It was to be burned up and entirely consumed so that it did not remain.

What a beautiful picture of faith. I think back to the year 1999. Everybody was worried about this thing called Y2K. They believed the computer systems were all going to crash and that the world’s economy would crumble. Therefore people started to save up mass amounts of food. I knew people with whole living rooms full of canned food.

I have to ask myself, do I do this spiritually? Do I see something coming my way and then attempt to do everything I can to fix the problem. DO I instead take one day at a time, each and everyday being renewed in the Lord. To follow Christ is a one time decision. To exercise the faith must happen everyday. This is why the Lord tells us, “Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.”


Gang, let us remember to pray for each other everyday this week.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter