Friday, December 22, 2006

Leviticus 20

"And you shall be holy to Me. For I, Jehovah, am holy, and have separated you from the nations, so that you should be Mine (Leviticus 20:26)"

I have played a lot of sports. Some sports I am good at, and some, not so good. I have been picked first on a team and I have been picked last. There have come points where I have not been picked at all. Let's discuss this.
Basketball is my favorite sport. When I play with certain people I am one of the better players on the court. I am usually chosen around the top 2. It is great fun! This is entirely different when I go to Nottoway park. Nottoway park is known for being the place where all the ballers go in Northern Virginia. At Nottoway you find Varsity basketball players, College players, College scouts and the streetballers. Sometimes Grant Hill, Steve Francis, or other DC natives can be spotted there. One thing is for certain, when I play there I am not picked at all. There are three courts. I played on court #3 for two months. Finally, I got picked up to court #2. After being at court 2 for a year (weather permitting, playing once a week), I got chosen to court #1. I was on my second game. I had done horribly my first game and the second game was going smoother. I stole the ball from the other point guard, and was going in for a layup. He tried to block it and instead got my big nose. It was broken, and my days on court 1 were over.

All this to say, God has picked you to be holy. He does not want your efforts or work (Read Ephesians 2:8-9). He simply wants you. In this chapter we read that we have been separated. You may stop and think, "But look at all the penalties for breaking the law." Here is the difference. In the world, you can work yourself up to court #1, but one day it will be over. With the Lord, you still have penalties for your actions, however, the reward is far greater than the penalty.

Heaven is the ultimate court #1. It is where we want to be. Even greater still, we do not need to work, because we have already been picked. Simply believe in Jesus, and walk onto the court. If you fail, if you fall, penalties will occur. Remember, in the end, you are given more than you could ever ask or think. The principles in this chapter are a good reminder of principles which lead to holy living. The law has been topped; mercy triumphs over judgment! God s separating you today, preparing you for Heaven. Let Him do the work, and be willing.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter