Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Psalm 119:18

Psalm 119:18 Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law.

We have all heard the term, "More than meets the eye." You have also heard "Never judge a book by its cover." I do not know about you, but I like to be pleasantly surprised. I like it when things or people go beyond my expectations. I have played sports for years. It is always fun when the person you think will be no good ends up being the best person on the court.

Enter the Word of God. The Psalmist asks the Lord to open His eyes: "that I may see Wondrous things from your law." What type of Wondrous things? Imagine all the prophesy pertaining to Jesus before He came. Imagine the gift it was to understand all these things. One man did. His name was Simeon. By the brief story we recognize that this man knew a the general time Jesus would come to earth (probably judging by the 70 week prophesy in Daniel). He also recognized that Jesus would do far more than set up and earthly kingdom, but that he would be the salvation of both Israel and the Gentiles. What a Wondrous thing indeed!

Read God's Word. Ask the Lord to open your eyes. There are great and Wondrous things He is just waiting to reveal to you.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter