Sunday, November 02, 2008

Psalm 119:1-8

Psa 119:5-6 Oh, that my ways were directed To keep Your statutes! (6) Then I would not be ashamed, When I look into all Your commandments.

Have you ever been ashamed before Jesus? I love the passion in which the Psalmist writes down his words. "Oh, that my ways were directed to keep your statutes!" The psalmist is not just singing, he is crying out. He is requiring of the Lord from the bottom of his heart.

I find it funny that we either get ashamed before the Lord, or we get ashamed of the Lord. Ever carry around your Bible and get ashamed, or embarrassed? Both have the same result, we cower away from what the Lord wants.

The fact of the matter is that we all get ashamed in one way or another. We should not. Take a moment to just go to the Lord. Ask Him to direct your way. Ask Him to direct, that you might not be ashamed. If we had no care for our own personal image, and we stood confidently before our Lord, who knows what God could do through us!

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter