Thursday, May 24, 2007

1st Samuel 26

"Here is your spear, O king," David replied. "Let one of your young men come over and get it. The LORD gives His own reward for doing good and for being loyal, and I refused to kill you even when the LORD placed you in my power, for you are the LORD's anointed one. Now may the LORD value my life, even as I have valued yours today. May He rescue me from all my troubles." And Saul said to David, "Blessings on you, my son David. You will do many heroic deeds, and you will surely succeed." Then David went away, and Saul returned home.

(1Sa 26:22-25)

Again David finds himself confronted with the opportunity to slay Saul, and again he makes the right choice. Saul gives a lame apology, and says he loves David and will no longer try and kill him. David does the wise thing, rather than trust his life into Saul’s hands; he continues to trust the Lord.

David realizes that it is God who is in control. It is God that blesses loyalty, and right choices; and it is God that punishes the wicked when they are about their own schemes. David does not pronounce judgment on Saul, but instead confronts him with reality. He basically says, “If this is of your own flesh, you will have to answer for that before God”. David’s life is governed by a simple principle. I WILL HONOR THE LORD IN ALL THAT I DO.

This is the lifestyle that God wants us all to have. To love the Lord with all my heart, to love my neighbor as myself; even when that neighbor is a lunatic king trying to take my life! It really comes down to one basic question: DO YOU TRUST GOD? Do you really trust Him? How much will it take for you to stop trusting and start relying on yourself?

The Lord was testing David’s faith to make him stronger. He was making this shepherd boy into a king… and it was not an easy process. The Lord is using the trials in your life to make you stronger. He is continually testing you, and with each passed test you become stronger. “The trying of your faith produces patience…” that’s what Paul told us. It’s never EASY, but the solution is clear and simple. TRUST JESUS. We have the answer to every question. He has never let you down, and He never will… KEEP TRUSTING HIM.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter