Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Joshua 24

Joshua 24
What we can Control

In Joshua 23 Joshua gives perfect advise to the nation of Israel He tells them every little aspect they need to know on how to stay close to the Lord. Over the years we watch Israel turn from this advice. Despite the perfect advice, there was nothing Joshua could do about it. He could not control the hearts of his brothers and sisters. However there is one thing Joshua could control.

“But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord,” (Joshua 24:15b).

In your life you will have many intersections. When you come upon times of choices, you can get advice and help, but ultimately, you will be the one making the choice. Joshua realizes this. After spending the last chapter and a half talking about staying faithful to God, Joshua simply states, “This is what I am going to do.”

Sometimes being a Christian can feel lonely. Sometimes it can feel like you are the only one standing up for what is right. Sometimes your best of friends will disappoint you. Remember, do not put your faith in them, but instead put your faith in Jesus. I can preach it all day long, but you need to make the choice, follow Jesus, or follow the ways of Egypt (the world). Everything you put expectations in will let you down, except Jesus.

As we wake up this morning we are faced with the same question, “Are we going to serve the Lord?” Tommy and I cannot make this decision for you. Your parents cannot make this decision for you. Only you can. Once again I challenge you, today, will you serve the Lord? I am challenged. I want to come before you as witnesses (Like in verse 22) and tell you, “Today I will serve the Lord.” I encourage you to find someone and tell them this, or to even post it on the blog. Today, we need to serve the Lord, and only you can make that decision for yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today I Will Serve The Lord, my day has already gotten off to a bad start, so I will really need to work to get it back on course. I didn't get to come on and read the post yesterday, because my dad took my out to lunch so I could meet his new girl-friend, I hope she lasts longer then the others, only 3 months!!! I really like this one, her name is Allison Cook, totally sweet, pretty, funny, smart, and unlike the others, she seems to have an interest in me and the things I like doing. I really hope they get married, they have only been dating 5 weeks, but still.
BTW-I liked yesterdays post. Very true!!!!

Anonymous said...

Today I will serve the Lord.

stat counter

simple hit counter