Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Psalm 56

Psa 56:3-4 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. (4) In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?

Fear is a scary enemy. We can fear so many things in so many ways. We can fear that a loved one is in danger. We can fear for our life. We can fear too much stress. We can fear being stuck. Fear is so imminent when it is present, and so hard to get rid of. Every plan we come up with as humans has hopes and fears.

If you have ever had anything bad happen to you it can be very easy to fear. You may be a pessimist and believe that the worse case scenario will most likely be what is going to happen. The simplicity in our verse is just what we need to oppose the complexity of our fears. "When I am afraid I will trust in You." What a sweet thing for someone to say to God. That is true love. Look up to Jesus and say, "I feel safe with You."

Whatever fears you may have today, you have a Father in Heaven that is bigger. It involves two things; recognizing Him and His power, and trusting in Him and His power. Believe that He will keep you safe. When afraid, trust in God.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter