Monday, May 05, 2008

Psalm 54

"They have not set God before them." Psalm 54:3

There is soemthing more unique about the Psalms than any other book. The rest of th books in the Bible are written after the fact. They are written after the Israelites marched out of Egypt, after Daniel was in the Lion's den, after Nineveh repented. Psalms are written in the midst of the suffering. You looking at david's faith in real time.

David speaks about the strangers that had risen against David. Not only were there strangers, but also some of Davids close friends! David feels trapped. He must have felt like the whole world was against him. Despite this he says, "they have not set God before them."

God was set before David. he was the leader of his life. Though the whole world turn on David, this psalmist knew that God had not. What faith! In comparison, we are under very little tribulation. My trials are small compared to those of Davids. Despite this, I find myself not trusting like I should. How often my first reaction is still my flesh. I want to grow to be like David. Not matter what, I want to have God before my eyes. Maybe I should start with waking up early enough to write the devos :)

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter