Thursday, March 27, 2008

Psalm 26:8

Psa 26:8 LORD, I have loved the habitation of Your house, And the place where Your glory dwells.

Sometimes we get so caught up in the business of things. I have seen sports stars talk about getting too caught up in the business, and forgetting to simply love the game they are playing. I have seen people forget about the positives of their job and simply get caught up in the negatives. Well, there are certainly business aspects in a church. You have to pay rent for the building, and you have to clean. Money does switch hands. Nevertheless, the church is far from a business, and so so is your relationship with Jesus.

In the verse above the psalmist writes, "I have loved the habitation of your house..." David was not concerned with any business at all. He loved God. He loved the fact that he could talk to God. He was just excited to go the church and praise the Lord. He was excited that at any moment, he could sing a song of praise to the Lord. There are numerous responsibilities that come from being a Christian, yet do not get caught up in them. Simply love the presence of the Lord. When you cease to love the Lord's presence, and you treat Christianity like a job, you will start to be burdened by it. Relationship is replaced by religion, and religion is heavy. Instead, just enjoy the His presence. Love coming to church and hearing of His majesty. God does not wish to add burdens to our lives or fill up our schedule. He simply longs for relationship, the rest is just the result of being in love with Him.

I love the habitation of my Lord and the place where His glory dwells. I love the place of communion with Him, wherever that is.

1 comment:

me, myself,& I said...

It is such a blessing just to walk into a church where the congragation is focused on the Lord; whereas, when I walk into a church that is too focused on the building itself rather than the Lord that fills it! In the many churches I've been to, too often does it seem as if the later is what the church is all about! It just fills my heart with so much sadness to see a church that has lost their focus on the Lord!

stat counter

simple hit counter