Thursday, February 28, 2008

Psalm 6

Psa 6:6 I am weary with my groaning; All night I make my bed swim; I drench my couch with my tears.

David is a real person. He struggled with real things. He hurt, and he cried. Yet the Bible descibes him as a man afer God's own heart.

First of all, it is okay to cry. David cries here. Jesus cries multiple times. David uses some of his talent as a song writer to create a vivid picture for us. He says that his bed was swimming. You picture him crying all night long in his anguish. In this desperate cry to the Lord he says he is weary with his groaning. Have you ever cried so much that you get exhausted and fall asleep? David, despite being exhausted, stayed wide awake. He just kept on crying.

We all cry. We all hurt. We all have nights where it is tough to fall asleep. We all grow weary. The beautiful thing about it is the Lord hears. The Lord hears our cries, our supplications and prayers. He does not rebuke us in our hurt bu He comforts us. He loves us beyond our understanding. He comforts us beyond our hurt. If you are having one of those days/weeks/ months where you find yourself in tears, turn to the Lord. Find comfort in Him, and He will not only restore you, but He will refresh His purpose in your heart.

1 comment:

me, myself,& I said...

These past months have been such a struggle for me ... we just had to put my dog down, then my pap passed away around Christmas time, just recently my Grandma passeed away; and now my Great-grandma is sick in the hospital and not supposed to make it. I've found true comfort in the Lord during these months. I have no idea how I would have made it though this without Him right there with me. One good thing that came out of this is the fact that I have grown so much closer to the Lord, and that has been such a blessing!

stat counter

simple hit counter