Saturday, September 01, 2007

1 Chronicles 9


1Ch 9:33 These are the singers, heads of the fathers' houses of the Levites, who lodged in the chambers, and were free from other duties; for they were employed in that work day and night.

In the closing verses of chapter 9 we read of the multiple ministries of the Levite Priests. Some were serving vessels, which I assume would be like the waiters. Others were in charge of the furnishings, kind of like the maintenance crew. Others were in charge of the precious items such as oil, wine, and fine flour. Others were the bakers and chefs. Finally, there was a last group, reserved to sing day and night to the Lord.

I love this concept. When one was to enter the courtyard of the temple, they would here singing unto the Lord. It was constant. I think of 1 Thessalonians 5:16 where we are commanded, “Rejoice always.” This was the picture of that verse. Heaven will be the completion of it.

When John entered the court of the Lord he saw four beasts. He records this: Rev 4:8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"

Those who are in love with the Lord will show it. Those who are in love with the Lord will sing praises through song and through life. I become sad when I find myself embarrassed to bring up the Bible. Sometimes I find it awkward to bring it up in front of other Christians! I find that when I draw close to the Lord, I cannot help but sing His praises. Therefore, if you and I are looking to be Christians that rejoice always, we must be constantly drawing closer to Jesus. Do not focus on trying to rejoice, just let it be a response of your time with Him. Sing when you rise, and sing when you fall asleep. Rejoice in the Lord day and night.

1 comment:

me, myself,& I said...

I want to be able to show everyone that I love the Lord! I know that it can be hard sometimes because I'm not following the Lord as closely as I should, but once I realize it I know I can always go back to Him! It is such an amazing feeling!

stat counter

simple hit counter