Monday, September 24, 2007

2 Chonicles 2

2Ch 2:6 But who is able to build Him a temple, since heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain Him? Who am I then, that I should build Him a temple, except to burn sacrifice before Him?

I enjoy listening to children’s worship. It is usually very simple and very peppy. The words are usually Bible verses. If they are not, the words are very simple concepts about God which I feel I need to be reminded of. How many of you can think of a children’s worship song describing how big our God is?

Solomon realizes that he is not doing God a great favor by building him this temple. It is not as if God is a homeless man up until this point. Isa 66:1 “Thus says the LORD: "Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?” Realizing this concept, Solomon realizes that they are not going to house the Lord. Instead they were merely building a place for burnt sacrifice, which produces that sweet aroma unto the Lord. Interesting that the word, sweet aroma literally translates, “scent of rest.” Truly they were building that place of rest for their Lord.

I love the picture here. God is so big yet He calls Israel to create the place of rest for Him. Later, Jesus tells us that he has gone to prepare a place for us! He says that it has many mansions! Israel was called to make a place of rest for the Lord, but Jesus has made a place of rest for His bride, the church. It is going to be huge! It contains mansions. Truly our God is great and glorious, powerful and awesome. Even greater still, the fact that He loves us so much as to prepare a place for us. So bride of Christ, saints, prepare your hearts for Jesus. He has already been preparing a much grander place for you.

1 comment:

Katie Ferrante said...

I agree,I love the song God is Big!
Doing childrens worship does remind me the simple things like,that God is Big.
Great Devo!

stat counter

simple hit counter