Friday, September 14, 2007

1 Chronicles 22

1Ch 22:10 He shall build a house for My name, and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Through out the Old Testament we find the Lord telling Israel, "And you shall be my people and I shall be your God." It is always given to Israel as whole, describing the special relationship they were to have with God. I love this verse because it shows us a few things.

1) God is not just looking to be incharge of a country. He is all powerful. He is can do whatever He wants. Instead, He is looking for a relationship. He is going to give love, and He wants to receive love.

2) God is personal. He wanted to be involved in Solomon's life. He called Solomon His son, and He himself claimed to be His Father. Jesus seeks the same with us. He wants to know us personally. When He gives us commands, He does not do it to draw the church, as an organazation, closer to Him. When He calls He seeks to draw you personally to Him. The more people drawing closer and closer to God, the more we become one body. The church is not an organization but it is a group of people all focused on one head, and that head is Jesus.

Jesus loves us personally. He calls us persoanlly, and He wants to know us personally.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter