Sunday, September 30, 2007

2 Chronicles 7

2Ch 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. Here are the conditions, humble yourself. God's grace is endless and He is looking to pour it all out on us, nevertheless, we must humble ourselves. We can sin. We can make a dumb mistake. We can mess up. Humble yourself. The fact is, God's people should already be seeking His face. They should already be praying day and night to the Lord. They should definately be humbling themselves before God and man. If we do this, our rightful duty, He promises to heal our land.

Israel would mess up bad at times. They would fall into idolatry. This would lead them to child sacrifices, aduletry, harlotry, blasphemy, and all sorts of evil. God was not asking them to fix everything. God was not asking for a great work. He was simply asking for Israel to seek His face, and He would forgive their sins. God is the Great Restorer and even those we know whom we feel could never be restored, God is able to do a miraculous work. There is one crucial element, man, in their freewill, must turn away from the evil. God does the work, man simply has to rest in Him.

Maybe you feel you need heeling. Maybe you simply need and want to draw closer to God (as we all do). Follow the instructions above. It does not matter whether you have the most solid walk of faith or are taking your baby steps, the above applies to all. Humble yourelf, pray, seek His face and be forgiven of your sin and be healed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fall festival was amazing!!! I loved running games for the little kids.
BTW~ I read this blog, besides me,myself,and I, does anyone else read anymore? I think what Tommy and hector are doing is great. They even have to take time out of thier own lives to study for, and write this blog. At least post once a month!

Blueyes said...

hahaha thax! this helps alot.

stat counter

simple hit counter