Tuesday, September 18, 2007

1 Chronicles 25

Could you imagine a time when what you did for a living was based on the family you were born into? As Christians, we don’t live like this at all! In our genealogy today we saw the decedents of Asaph… men and women who were to be MUSICIANS. Today, anyone who is called by God to sing can sing. It is no longer about your history, or your pedigree, not even so much about your natural talents… today in God’s kingdom it is all about giftings and callings. Maybe you feel called to do something that no one in your family’s history has ever done. Maybe you come from a family that has ALWAYS lived in NOVA and now you want to BE A MISSIONARY. Guess what; there is nothing wrong with that! If I go any further back than my dad, there is NO history of Bible Teachers in my family. Yet, that is what God called my dad to do, and I believe it is what he has called me to do.

In God’s kingdom there is FREEDOM. No classes, no exclusivity, instead there is a wide open world of possibility. The question is simply, “what does God want to do with me”? Don’t limit the Lord; instead, begin to ask what He might want to do with you, for with God, all things are possible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good lesson. I will really take this ont to heart. How was your trip Tommy?

me, myself,& I said...

It such an amazing thing to think about . . . I don't have to simply follow what my ancesters did in thier lives, but instead do what the Lord is calling me to do! I just love the thought of that!

stat counter

simple hit counter