Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Joshua 11

“And Joshua came suddenly, and all the people of war with him, against them by the waters of Merom. And they fell on them” (Joshua 11:7).

Joshua and Israel is gaining quite the reputation. After what happened at the City of Gibeon, the whole area was starting to get nervous. Therefore the kings do what seems reasonable. They all gather together to fight against Joshua and the army of Israel.

There are two words that often describe my walk with the Lord. The first word is faith. If I am following the Lord I am a man of faith. I am taking bold steps towards the Lord and His will for my life. In fact, following the Lord implies that you are following by faith.
The second word is fear. This is what breaks up my following the Lord. The times I fall into sin are quite often the times I am fearing about something. My response is to fix it by myself. It could be to take my eyes off the Lord so I can see what is happening behind me. Fear is a great enemy which does not belong in our walk with the Lord.
When I read this chapter I think, Joshua could of done one of two things. He could have seen all the armies surrounding him and feared because of it. He could of then run away from the battle altogether. He could of also heard the word of the Lord and timidly obeyed. He could of waited for their armies to come just so he can “make sure” this is the Lord’s will. Finally, he could have been a man of faith, which he truly was.

Notice Joshua in our verse up above! He “came suddenly.” Do I have faith like this. This is faith that hears from the Lord and obeys immediately. He did not second guess what was happening. He simply got the “go ahead” and went with it. Make sure you to pray to God this morning over those issues in your heart. Listen to what He tells you. If He directs you a certain direction, have faith like Joshua. Just do it, and He will take care of the rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday, and I was telling her about this blog and how we are studying Joshua and how he has amazing faith . My mom and step-dad became Christains about 1 year ago, and she has been thinking about biblical names, and she is thinking about Joshua Cole and Ruth Ann. What do you guys think. What ever happend to Tuesdays post?

Tommy & Hector said...

It's there Elizabeth... it just got posted on Monday night. Joshua 10 is Tuesday...

stat counter

simple hit counter