Friday, March 09, 2007

Deuteronomy 33

“Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, O people saved by the Lord...” (Deuteronomy 33:29).

I remember reading the Count of Monte Cristo. There is one part where Edmond Dante is on an island with the Pirate Luigi and his gang of thieves. They force Edmond into a duel with one of the rebels of the ship. Whoever won would prove themselves worthy to live but whoever lost…was dead. In the end, Edmond gets the upper hand on his enemy, but rather than kill him, lets him live. In return, the enemy spends the rest of his life as Edmond’s right hand man.

I see this picture and wonder why I do not always act the same way towards my God. In this verse, Moses is blessing Israel for being a people saved by God. Not only is Israel a people saved of the Lord, but we are too! Think about all you owe Jesus today. He died on the cross for me and you and sometimes its as if we cease to remember this and go and do our own thing. We have been bought at a price, we are bondslaves, and we are to live as a people saved by God.

Imagine if someone were to save your life today, or even just randomly come up and give you a candy bar. How would you treat them? For those reading this, take a moment just to realize the awesome sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Take a moment to remember Him and start your day not in your own strength, but as a bondslave bought at a price.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, guess what!!! My mom is going to have a baby. Please pray for her because she really wants a boy this time. Imagine a 33 year old lady and a 36 year old man having a baby. I never thought it would happen, but, hay, God is in control.
The weather here in LA is soooo nice! Tomorrow it will be in the high 70's low 80's, on Sunday high 80 low 90's. The temp for night time will e the highs in New York!

David Reinhold said...

Have fun... When is the baby due?

My mom just got a baby two years ago. I think she was 43. I also know a family who are such pros at reproductivating they have like 12 kids. I would tell you their last name, but probably won't spell it right, so I won't try.

stat counter

simple hit counter