Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Deuteronomy 31

Deuteronomy 31

“Be strong and of a good courage. Do not fear nor be afraid of them. For Jehovah your God is He who goes with you. He will not fail you nor forsake you,” (Deut 31:6).

Yesterday we examined one of the promises of God. He promised Israel that should they be banished to the ends of the earth, He would bring them back. Today we read the next promise of the Lord to Israel. This one can be summed up in one word: Immanuel.

“So, the Lord Himself shall give you a sign. Behold, the virgin will conceive and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14).

The greatest promise Israel ever received is Immanuel. Immanuel means “God with us.” Moses had seen the back of God’s glory. Yet God promised that one day, He will be with Israel. Not only is this the great hope of Israel, but it is our great hope as well.

There are a few things to realize. This promise will come true for Israel. In many ways it already has. Jesus has come. He was born of a virgin and given the title, “Immanuel.” They did not recognize their savior and still wait to this day for Immanuel. Jesus will come again. He will come and save Israel and set up a holy kingdom on the earth. He will rule with them for 1000 years and Satan will be bound. They will then know who Jesus is. They will know that they had not recognized Him before, but they will recognize Him now.

Of course Immanuel is so true in our own lives! Imagine if you truly lived life as if God was right there watching your every move. Wait a minute…He is! Truly our faith comes in display when we acknowledge the Lord’s presence, whoever we may be! When I was a kid I would often be hanging out with a bunch of friends. We would be talking about one thing, but when a parent entered the room immediately talk about another. Do not be like the Jews who did not recognize their savior, realize that God is with you.

Simeon says it best in Luke 2:29-32, “Lord, now You will let Your servant depart in peace, according to Your word. For my eyes have seen Your Salvation which You have prepared before the face of all the peoples, a light for revelation to the nations, and the glory of Your people Israel.”

God is with us, He is the a light of revelation to us the Gentiles, and the glory of His people Israel.

6 comments:

David Reinhold said...

Guys, this is david...
I haven't been able to leave comments 'cause of the new internet filter on my comp. (this is being posted from my moms's) I'm still reading the posts though!

Anonymous said...

John 3:16
God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Anonymous said...

Tell us about yourself,Elizabeth Rose Parker.

Anonymous said...

I just turned 15, I have striaght brown hair, green eyes with a little gold in them, I am 5'6", I have sraight A's, I dance, I read,I swim, I paint, I like old movies prefrably romance, I don't have any brothers or sisters, my dad is in the Navy, I was born in CA, I have lived in Ca, WA, TX, VA, and now I live in New York. Is that enough?

Anonymous said...

BTW-everyody keeps commenting on "the new look of the blog" what did it look like before?

David Reinhold said...

Dark...
I'll jus' have to do my devos on my mom's comp. from now on :P

stat counter

simple hit counter