Sunday, September 07, 2008

Psalm 91

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."
(Psalms 91:1-2)



Did any of you have secret hideouts as a kid? Places you would go that only a select few individuals knew about? When I was in elementary school, we used to have these “forts” in the woods. They were secret places, and only I and my friends knew about them. They were made out of trees that had fallen on top of one another in the woods, and there were loads of nooks and crannies to climb in and out of. We would go and sit on them in the woods and just feel special. It was OUR place.

This verse tells us that the Lord has a secret place. A hidden “fort” if you will that we can go and hang out in. We are told in fact, that we can spiritually LIVE in this secret place. This secret place is the PRESENCE of GOD, and it is found in the heavenly HOLY of HOLIES. Through Jesus Christ, we can actually enjoy the presence of God ANYTIME, ANYWHERE.

This verse tells us that if we will spiritually live in the presence of God… if we will maintain awareness that God is indeed “with us”, then we will ABIDE constantly under the overshadowing protection of the ALMIGHTY GOD. My friends, God is with us. It is a fact, an indisputable fact. But, whether or not that fact will change the way we live is totally up to us. If we will just remember that God is with us, it will transform the way we see EVERYTHING else.

Remember the promise Jesus made his disciples…

and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
(Matthew 28:20)

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter