Monday, September 29, 2008

Psalm 101

I will set nothing wicked before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not cling to me.

(Psalms 101:3)

So, what kinds of things are you guys and girls setting before your eyes? What are the things that you are watching on TV, looking at in magazines, or even observing in the world? The Psalmist here says that he will not set any wicked thing before his eyes. From time to time we have inappropriate things cross our line of vision and have no control over it. That is not what the Psalmist is talking about. He is talking about what we choose to take in through our eyes. Those things affect us much more than we think!


Do we take pleasure in watching people do things we would never do? If we do, then we don’t really “hate the work of those who fall away”. The psalmist alludes to the fact that if we don’t hate the sinful behaviors of the world, those same behaviors will affect us. As he describes it here, they will CLING TO US.


So my friends be careful today about what you allow to pass through your eyes into your hearts. Ask yourself today, do I really hate sin, or am I allowing it to cling to me?

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter