Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Psalm 102

Of old You laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You will endure; Yes, they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will change them, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will have no end.
(Psalms 102:25-27)


I drove by my old neighborhood the other day when I was coming home from the doctor. It had changed. I have all these great memories from that neighborhood, memories of growing up, and none of it looks the same. The house I used to live in looks different. There is a big play set built where second base used to be in my yard, and the trees in “right field” are gone. (As I kid I thought about my yard in terms of a baseball field)

It’s a fact, everything in this life changes… nothing stays the same. We read here in this Psalm that even the heavens will one day grow old, and the Lord will change them like you or I change clothes. CRAZY!!!

In the midst of this changing world, we serve a God who NEVER CHANGES! That fact is one of the greatest truths about our God. He is never going to grow old, or get tired; He will be the same for all of eternity. Unlike my old neighborhood, I can trust that God will always be the same… faithful, true, available to you and I. My friends, be thankful today that our God NEVER CHANGES!

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter