Monday, January 21, 2008

Job 19

Job 19:25-27 For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; (26) And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God, (27) Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

Even in the midst of such trouble there is this hope deep in Job that is revealed here. It is the hope that is in all of us. Job, through the divine understanding of the Lord, realized there was a Redeemer. His name is Jesus. He realized that, though everything was being stripped from Him, there was one who could give it all back. He knew that he would see the Lord.

Hope is a powerful thing. Often times we see movies where, because of one's hope this person is able to overcome the greatest odds. As Christians we are able to put our hope is something so much greater. We have hope in a Rdeemer. The idea is that, whatever we do to mess up our lives, the Redeemer can fix. He provides a second, third, and fourth chance. He allows us to change our lives no matter what we have done. He allows us to live life with a greater hope than this world has ever seen.

As Christians, we often do not show that this hope is even real in our lives. Consider how much hope has been granted to you because you have a Redeemer. Thank God for it and allow the hope and joy to change the way you live today.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter