Sunday, October 22, 2006

Genesis 50

Genesis 50

“And Joseph said to them, Do not fear. For am I in the place of God? But as for you, you thought evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save a great many people alive” (Genesis 50:19-20).

Pharaoh often referred to himself as the morning star. This is a powerful titile to bestow yourself. What is the morning star? In Revelation 2:28 the church of Tyratira is promised, “And I will give him the Morning Star.” Who is this morning star? The Son! What is the star in the morning that wakes you up? The Sun! Jesus is the morning star promised to all of us. He will light up Heaven and be our light. Now think, who was Pharaoh to bestow upon himself such a title.

Why do I mention this? I mention this to show that Joseph was not affected by his great position. His words are powerful when he says, “For am I in the place of God?” To every Egyptian that looked upon him he was. To everybody in the world Joseph was a god, the second in command of earth. Joseph did not recognize this at all. It is imperative that we ask ourselves this question regularly. When we are being successful and we think we are doing so good we must stop and think, “Have I done this? Do I not owe it all to God?”

The second half of the verse is a message of salvation. Why do refrain from bestowing glory upon ourselves? Why do we not place ourselves in the position of the morning star? We are like Joseph. We are like Joseph, only, no one had to throw us in a pit. We threw ourselves in there. We had set our lives up for failure and lost hope. Jesus then comes and takes what was worthless and sets it in a place of glory, just like Joseph! How can we give ourselves glory when we could not even save ourselves?

For what purpose are we put in this place? We are here to save lives, and many lives at that. Guys, you are at a privileged position. Give the glory to God and go save lives.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is another quote,
"If we couldn't lagh we couldn't react to a lot of life."
~Bill Waterson
Is it funny, deep, or scary?

Anonymous said...

What is up with you and your quotes?
I think that it is true.

Anonymous said...

the quote is deep.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I guess when you read a lot, you come across quotes.I like to read what other people have said. I guess it gives you an idea of how thier mind worked. The more I think about it, the more I think it is funny.

Anonymous said...

I also love quotes, I actually have a little book filled with quotes and Bible verses that I love.

Anonymous said...

Girls are so wird. Only qutes I ever found interesting was by Sigeru Myamoto, mt idol: "
The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think"

and also:

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

and one of my fav.:

" A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

These are quotes I live by!

stat counter

simple hit counter