Monday, October 30, 2006

Exodus Chapter 8

And the LORD said unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice throughout all the land of Egypt. And they did so; for Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice in man, and in beast; all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land of Egypt. And the magicians did so with their enchantments to bring forth lice, but they could not: so there were lice upon man, and upon beast. Then the magicians said unto Pharaoh, This is the finger of God: and Pharaoh's heart was hardened, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said. And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh; lo, he cometh forth to the water; and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
(Exo 8:16-20)


They couldn’t do LICE… I don’t know what it was about lice, but God stopped them… the magicians, empowered by demons, just couldn’t do it! They had met their match, and recognized it immediately for what it was… “this is the finger of GOD!”

Because they could not do it, they had to acknowledge that something far greater than Moses was at work here, and I think they were scared. Pharaoh was another story though… He was getting harder and harder… his mind was made up, he wouldn’t let them go, God or no God.

It’s a dangerous place to be…
Letting our heart grow callous to the voice of God is a very dangerous place to be. If we aren’t careful, we could easily end up like Pharaoh. Here he KNEW that God was talking, and he simply didn’t care. You might say, “hey, I would never not care if God spoke to me!” Let me ask you this: is their anything you read in your Bible that you just kind of ignore or disregard?? It isn’t good, it’s really dangerous! You never know what it might take for God to get your attention if you are ignoring His commands, and even then, there is no guarantee you will respond. The harder a heart gets, the easier it is to ignore the voice of the LORD.

Trust me, I know. When I first started driving, I was pretty cautious. As I drove longer, I got cockier. I started driving faster, and more aggressive. At first, I would feel convicted… but I just excused it and told myself, “everyone drives like this”. For me, it wasn’t until I almost rolled my Ford Taurus station wagon over with three other kids in it that I got the message!!! God’s word was clear; I was not to put Him to the test. I am so glad that the Lord was gracious, and we didn’t have a wreck that night. I was only 16 or 17, and I can’t imagine what might have happened had we rolled over.

Listen to the Lord, His laws are their for a reason… Don’t grow hard hearted like Pharaoh… You never know what it might cost you in the end. It could be your life, maybe even your soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you hector or tommy? Sounds like something tommy would do.

Anonymous said...

I think it was Hector, since Tommy's week started this Sunday.

stat counter

simple hit counter