Tuesday, October 30, 2007

2 Chronicles 32

Now because of this King Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah, the son of Amoz, prayed and cried out to heaven.

(2Ch 32:20)

Sennacherib was pulling out all the stops. He was coming against Israel in EVERY WAY IMAGINABLE. Threats by mouth, by mail, shouted over the wall… He did everything he could to reduce Israel to a state of overwhelming fear and complete panic. That was his goal, but look where Hezekiah the king and Isaiah the prophet turn… They turn to the Lord and CRY OUT TO HIM.

When your life is looking like this, where do you turn? What is your reaction? When I was little I would climb totally under the covers whenever I was scared; I would want every inch of me to be covered. Now that I’m a little older, I don’t do that anymore. (At least not very often!) Nonetheless, I still want to be covered completely when danger comes my way… but now I seek shelter in something far more reliable than blankets and sheets.

I turn where Hezekiah and Isaiah turned in their time of fear and trouble… I turn to the Lord, and I cry out to Him. For Israel, they had nothing to fear… as long as they turned to the Lord, He would keep and protect them.

So, where are you turning in your time of need? Are you going to the Lord, or are you still playing around in the blankets and sheets?

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter