Tuesday, October 23, 2007

2 Chronicles 29

2Ch 29:11 My sons, do not be negligent now, for the LORD has chosen you to stand before Him, to serve Him, and that you should minister to Him and burn incense."

It was orientation week at Bible College. I was still getting used to So Cal. I hardly knew anybody, and all my roommates were older than me which at first made me feel weird. Classs would start soon, but before they did, we first had a meeting to be introduced to all the pastors / teachers. Mark Schwartz, one of the staff at the Bible College went up and looked at all the students and very simply said, "You could have chosen to be anywhere doing anything right now. You have chosen to come here for the sake of drawing closer to God an I believe that is a testiment to our Lord." I remember thinking, for the first time in my life I had made a decision that would effect the rest of my life. Of course I had made this decision when I chose to follow Jesus, but it just struck me then.

Hezekiah was taking Israel in another direction. He was destroying the high places, cleaning the temple, and leading Israel to God. He encourages the Levites, "...do not be negligent now, for the Lord has chosen you to serve..." Gang, believe it or not, you have already started to create a foundation for your life. You have made decisions to follow Jesus. Even if you were to walk away from Him in the future, you would have to uproot an entire foundation. When did this happen? Because you have decided to serve the Lord, in the "now." Do not grow negligent. You could be doing anything you want with your life, but because of Jesus you have chosen to take your time aside and read this chapter and this devotion. That is an awesome testimony to the work Jesus is doing in you. Continue to follow Him.

No comments:

stat counter

simple hit counter