Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Psalm 86

Psa 86:13 For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

Too often we base how good God has been to us upon what we have here on earth. David had an eternal perspective. An eternal perspective is critical in the life of a believe. Jesus told us to seek first the kingdom of God. Truly God's kingdom is not an earthly one, but an eternal one. The verse continues to say that the rest of the things we need will then be added to us. Usually, once I have turned my eyes upon the eternal, I realize I have everything I need.

David is looking at the eternal. This is why he recognizes himself as holy (v. 2). He realizes that becuas eof God's holy work, he himself was holy. Later he praises God for saving him from the depths of Sheol. Sheol is death, or hell. As we look at life from an eternal perspective the first thing we ask is, "where am I going to be?" Truly we should praise God because we know that we are saved from Sheol! You and I are going to heaven because God has made us holy!

Live life excited. You are going to heaven. Live life looking at the eternal. We are going to be with Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will someone please post on Psalm 87? And soon

stat counter

simple hit counter